What do storm windows do?
Storm windows are windows that are mounted outside or inside of the main glass windows of a house. They serve as a retrofit on existing windows in order to improve their thermal insulation and soundproofing.
Custom built to your specifications with heavy-duty extruded aluminum, our storm windows offer the most in energy efficiency, weather protection, and noise reduction. Our aluminum storm windows are available in a wide range of colors, complementing any style home. ProVia Low-E (and other glass options) increase energy savings.
6 Benefits of Installing Storm Windows:
- More Energy Efficiency - Reduced infiltration of outside air, helping your HVAC unit spend less energy to maintain desired temperature. Storm products are an added layer of protection against the elements.
- Added Insulation - Added insulation will help you keep heat inside during winter and out in the summer! How? The added air space between primary windows and storm windows makes it harder for air to pass through.
- Amp Up The Exterior Appearance - Storm windows come in a variety of exterior colors, making it easy to complement the color of your home. No longer are the only options to have a drafty house or to have an ugly exterior.
- Reduce Disturbing Outside Noise - Reduce the noise you hear from nearby busy streets, construction sites, loud neighbors, howling winds and howling dogs.
- Easy Install - Don’t worry about paying someone for the amount of time it’ll take to install storm windows. An experienced contractor should be able to install storm windows (depending on the number of windows) in a day or two.
- Protection of Primary Windows - Keep your primary windows in better condition for longer by adding the protective layer of storm windows. Storm windows can protect primary windows from damage due to prolonged exposure to dust, light, wind and other harmful elements.